Monday, June 09, 2008

I know I know

Yeah, I know, it has been far too long since my last post. A lot has happened since then. Kaleena and I became parents on December 31, 2007. Pascual is pretty much the most amazing little guy ever. I'm sure every parent says/thinks this, but, trust me, it's true with this one. I've basically just been keeping really busy attempting to spend time with the wife and son while still making progress on the PhD front.
I presented a paper in San Diego over spring break. The presentation itself was pretty awful, but the conference experience as a whole was amazing. It was really inspiring to be around a bunch of other people interested in the same things as myself. I totally understand all of those Star Trek, etc. conferences now. They provide a sense of validation -- of belonging. Hope that doesn't sound too cheesy (I'm sure it does). But there was just something good about recognizing the physical existence of this academic community that we often speak about.
Anyway, I also had my second year review since my last post. I was told that I might want to change directions with my research if I'm at all interested in getting a job at some point. So I am currently exploring my options. Not much development there as of yet; although, I am leaning towards something to do with aesthetics, political judgment, and creation (not sure exactly what that something is at this point in time).
Finally, my son is amazing. I can't help but just stare at him whenever I'm home. This has made it very difficult to get anything accomplished at home, but I don't really care. Having him around is totally worth the loss of so-called productivity. There are videos of him up on Youtube if you haven't seen them yet. Just search for "Pascual Lovato" and you can check the little man out.
Alright, that's it for now, but I promise promise promise to be better about the whole blogging thing this summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sometime we've got to go to a Star Trek convention together.

We should trade links. I'll put yours on mine if you put mine on yours. But you should also post more!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home