Sunday, October 08, 2006

Here we go again

Alright, I now officially live in Goleta, CA. I miss Brooklyn and all of my friends, but this place is pretty cool and I'm trying to make the most of it. The school itself is pretty awesome. All the kids in my program seem cool so far. I've met a few other theory students (I'm the only one coming in this year). Kaleena's up in Fresno right now taking care of my mother who is currently in a wheelchair due to an injury. What makes it kind of weird is that this is the first weekend I've spent here and she's not here with me. That's kind of okay though since I had a lot of work to get done for school this weekend anyway. I have to give a presentation tomorrow on some international relations stuff. It's not my favorite subject, but as of right now I am minoring in it. My other classes include a course on black radical thought and one on Heidegger. I figure this is the only way I'll ever actually make it through Being and Time. So far that class seems like it will be my hardest one. It's through the religious studies department but there are five political theory kids in there (which surprised the professor). Anyway, school seems good so far and my advisor is a pretty laid back guy as well. I guess that's about it for now -- I promise I will update more later (it's a lot easier to do when I'm in school).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, her choice of music has sometimes left me perplexed, but i am still very happy for her. how far from Riverside is Goleta? My girlfriend Jackie loves traveling, did you know about her, she's awesome. I'm sure she would love to come with me on a visit to Goleta.

9:37 PM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

Well, for that reason alone, I am glad you are back in school. I check your blog at school all the time, when the kids aren't looking to get me in trouble.
You should slay your way to LA to see the magic of Make Believe on Nov. 3rd.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Joseph Mains said...

Ah, Lovato lives!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

black radicalism makes me miss simon.

(p.s. still tana).

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home