Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Winter Quarter

 The new quarter started today.  So far it looks to be pretty sweet.  I sit in on the PS1 lectures MWF 10:00-11:00.  Digeser basically just went over the syllabus and all that jazz.  The TA's (all 6 of us) had a meeting with him a little later on in the afternoon.  Went over what we have to cover in the next week and a halfish.  Augustine this week, anarchism next week.  It's gonna be one crazy roller coaster ride my friend.  Anyway, tomorrow I have seminar at 1:00, but it's getting moved to like 4:00 or something I guess.  That one is on comparative ethnic politics.  The books look interesting, so I'm pretty stoked.  Wednesdays I have the seminar that makes my mouth water.  It's on Hannah Arendt and Carl Schmitt and is being taught by Kirstie McClure from UCLA.  Thursday's I do the TA thing from 9:00 to 5:30.  That's basically the schedule for the quarter.
In other news.  We had a slew of guests over the break, and they will continue to come through the next week.  It was great getting to hang out with my brother and his wife as well as the Chapmen.  My grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary and we had a blast at the festivities.  My mom is coming out this weekend, and my step-dad will be joining us for one of those days.  All this means that I have been and will continue to be quite busy.  I do hope to post again soon, but I always say that.  I should have a bit of downtime at certain points throughout the day that I really should take advantage of though.  Anyway,  I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home